Guest Experience Representative (part-time temporary)
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to:
John G. Shedd Aquarium
1200 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
Based on Shedd Aquarium’s commitment to the environment, electronic versions of resumes are preferred.
Be a part of the magic of Shedd Aquarium, Chicago’s most visited cultural attraction. As a guest service representative you will be part of our guests’ total experience. Guest service representatives are the primary contact for all guest interaction within the aquarium. Each team member actively engages the guest, shares knowledge and information, and provides answers and solutions to guest concerns and questions. Operationally, the guest experience representative monitors assigned areas for traffic flow and safety concerns. All team members act as role models for outstanding customer-service standards, both within the department and within the aquarium.
• Embrace and actively practice Shedd’s four FUNdamental Customer Service Behaviors on a daily basis:
1. Make a great first impression
2. Engage each guest
3. Be the solution
4. Show pride in Shedd
• Actively greet and welcome guests to the aquarium
• Monitor traffic flow, safety conditions, and housekeeping at assigned areas
• Engage all guests at assigned posts, as well as other areas of the aquarium
• Make it a personal policy that no guest is left with an unanswered question or concern
• When cashiering, accurately input ticket information and balance all receipts at the end of each shift
• Explain and sell appropriate ticketing options to best meet the needs of guests
• Attend and actively participate in daily shift meetings
• Education—High school diploma or equivalent.
• Job experience—Retail, attraction, or customer-service experience in a high-volume environment. Previous Ticketmaster system or cash-handling experience preferred.
• Special knowledge and skills—Performance or theatrical background a plus. Fluency in multiple languages is also desirable.
• Requirements—Must be able to approach, converse with and direct guests through their experience at Shedd. Must be outgoing, dynamic and enthusiastic. Have the ability to multi-task, have good verbal and written communication skills and be friendly and personable. MUST HAVE OPEN AVAILABILITY 7 days a week, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and be available during Labor Day weekend. Must be available to work evening events and Jazzin’ at the Shedd, Wednesdays until 10 p.m. This is a seasonal position from the date of hire through the end of the year (December 2011). May be required to stand or sit for long hours. May be required to work outdoors.