Animal Training Seminar with Shedd Aquarium
2013 Registration Information
Registration is closed.
Dates: August 19 – 23, 2013
Location: John G. Shedd Aquarium
Registration fee: $1,275 (before Jun. 15); $1,500 (after Jun. 15)
Learn industry-leading animal training techniques, with unique access to Shedd’s diverse animal collection. These training methods can be adapted to any species, from marine mammals and a host of terrestrial exotic animals to pet dogs and cats.
Key topics include animal intelligence, human emotion and anthropomorphism, basic operant conditioning, informal interactions, husbandry training, social groups, advanced training techniques, aggression, advanced training games, problem-solving techniques and complex training.
Seminar fee includes:
• Morning and afternoon coffee breaks
• Lunch each day
• Two social dinners (Tuesday and Friday)
• An optional working dinner (Wednesday)
• Admission to aquarium
• Course materials and exams
• Ken Ramirez’s book, Animal Training
• Personal consultation time with Ken Ramirez
Schedule at a glance (Subject to change)
Monday, Aug. 19
• Knowing Your Animals
• The Human Element
• Basic Operant Conditioning (Part 1)
Tuesday, Aug. 20
• Basic Operant Conditioning (Part 2)
• Nonformal Interactions
• Husbandry Training
Wednesday, Aug. 21
• Working with Social Groups
• Advanced Training Concepts
Thursday, Aug. 22
• Problem Solving
Friday. Aug. 23
• Complex Training
• Resources and Continued Education
Please contact Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Graduate credit available
Graduate credits may be available through Western Illinois University.
Please contact Kelly Cathcart at email@example.com for more information. Credit must be arranged before the seminar.