Events and Promotions Internship
The Events and Promotions intern will work closely with the Marketing manager and Promotions and Events Specialists and will gain a hands-on understanding of staffing/coordinating off-site promotional events and assisting in the day-to-day activities of our marketing department including promotions and events.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate commitment to Shedd’s vision, mission and values
• Off-site events: intern will be responsible for setting up and tearing down event set-ups, orientating volunteers, staffing each event, assisting children will play activities and promoting Shedd to event attendees. The intern will be responsible for representing Shedd and upholding Shedd’s service standards and values.
• Assist in planning for on and off site events, including on-site promotions, events, festivals and more.
• Serve as a point of contact to external event organizers and contractors. Assist in filling out all necessary paperwork, such as applications and volunteer requests.
• Work with supervisor to coordinate ticket trade and promotional partnerships and fulfill contest and promotional benefits for entrants and partners.
• Help maintain and track event calendar.
• Participate in marketing meetings, brainstorm and planning sessions.
• Assist in meeting logistics and other administrative duties as assigned by supervisor.
Must be a motivated and organized self-starter with excellent communication skills and a team player. Able to handle multiple projects at one time and comfortable engaging guests (including children). Must have experience interacting with the public, such as serving on street teams, working in retail, or in a similar capacity. Previous work experience in event planning and marketing preferred. Additionally, must demonstrate good judgment in working with the public, especially in knowing when to refer questions back to supervisor; take pride in Shedd and his/her work; and be eager to share their enthusiasm with others. Basic computer skills with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel are required.
Desired year in school: Enrolled as a junior or senior in an undergraduate program.
Desired Majors: Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations or other related field.
Time Commitment: Two to three days a week. 16-20 hours weekly (set schedule will be determined based on intern availability).
TO APPLY please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed application
- A cover letter
- A resume outlining your academic and professional experience
- Two (2) letters of recommendation