Online Marketing & Communications Internship
The intern will gain a solid grounding in his or her online marketing & communications skills needed to understand and navigate website management and the social media world for a not-for-profit organization. The intern will be involved in promoting Shedd’s programs, events and educational opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate commitment to Shedd’s vision, mission and values
• Interact with external audiences through the aquarium’s social media channels
• Assist the online communications coordinator in planning, writing and scheduling posts on the aquarium’s social media channels
• Continue and expand upon the statistics reporting plan for social media, email and web
• Other projects as assigned
The Online Marketing & Communications intern must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail. They must be able to work and be productive independently, but also be a valuable member of the team. A candidate must also think critically, creatively, be a self-starter, have a passion for public relations and possess excellent time-management skills.
Intern should be proficient with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Photoshop, Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus and Pinterest. Experience in working with, or knowledge of, Tumblr, Instagram and Google Analytics a plus. Intern must be able to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends as necessary.
Desired year in school: College senior or recent undergrad graduate
Desired Majors: Candidate will possess either a BA in the area of Communications, English, Marketing, or Journalism, or academic progress toward a BA in these fields of study.
Time Commitment: Three to five days a week; 15 to 20 hours weekly (schedule will be determined based on intern availability). For training purposes, a Wednesday availability is preferred.
TO APPLY please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed application
- A cover letter
- A resume outlining your academic and professional experience
- Two (2) letters of recommendation