Exhibits Design Assistant Internship
The Exhibit Design Assistant intern will gain exposure to the various types of exhibit elements as well as the details of designing exhibits at Shedd Aquarium. This intern will have the opportunity to collaborate with a designer or a design team to generate creative ideas and solutions for the design needs of the aquarium.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate commitment to Shedd’s vision, mission and values.
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn about exhibit design, materials, and guest focus.
• Work in a team environment and share ideas and be open-minded.
• Alternate working on a computer as well as “in the field”, in the exhibit spaces or behind the scenes.
Currently attending college studying Exhibit Design, or Industrial Design or Architecture. Previous internship or experience in exhibit design is highly preferred.
Desired year in school: Any level of undergraduate or graduate studies.
Desired Majors: Exhibit Design, Industrial or Architectural Design
Time Commitment: 2-3 days per week, three months
TO APPLY please submit the following materials to email@example.com:
- Completed application
- A cover letter
- A resume outlining your academic and professional experience
- Two (2) letters of recommendation