The Development intern will gain significant exposure while working closely with the Individual Giving, Major Giving and Membership team to assist in cultivation opportunities and assist with special projects. This intern will learn about Shedd Aquarium, relationship building and cultivation, data analysis, communication planning and execution, onsite promotions and other development functions that are unique to Shedd.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate commitment to Shedd’s vision, mission and values.
• Help prep our Shedd celebrities for upcoming events coming up with respects to who will be attending & then help collect feedback
• Prospecting in general, aka research email compilation and data analysis
• Assist in creating a presentation for legacy giving in prep for open enrollment, which would include statistics to support the presentation.
• Provide support in executing some of our growth strategies for 2014.
• Assist in educating onsite member acquisition education and awareness events.
• Analyze market data for acquisition
Qualifications: Currently attending college, studying within business or communications. Previous internship or job in nonprofit or for profit industries may be helpful, but not required. Ability to handle multiple projects, strong communication skills, outgoing and friendly personality. Must maintain confidentiality. Proficient with PowerPoint and excel. Outlook experience required.
Desired year in school: Post Sophomore year.
Desired Majors: Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Management
Time Commitment: Three to Five days a week; 20-30 hours weekly (set schedule will be determined based on intern availability).
TO APPLY please submit the following materials to email@example.com:
- Completed application
- A cover letter
- A resume outlining your academic and professional experience
- Two (2) letters of recommendation