Donor Relations Internship
The Special Events & Donor Relations intern will gain experience in developing logistics, liaising with donors and executing both small and large events while working closely with the Donor Relations and Special Events Coordinator and Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate commitment to Shedd’s vision, mission and values.
• Assist with multiple aspects of donor relations, special events and development activities included but not limited to: major fundraising events, cocktail parties, dinners, meetings, tours and other donor-related activities.
• Assist with planning fundraising events, both large scale (up to 900 people) and small scale (less than 50 people) at Shedd. An Intern will work directly with the Donor Relations/Special Events Coordinator and Director to ensure all details, from editing nametags, to organizing volunteers and finalizing event logistics are covered.
• Assist in overseeing activities associated with the Auxiliary Board. In addition, the Intern will help maintain Auxiliary Board information and activities.
• Take on one event as a focal point for their internship but they will work on many different projects throughout their time at Shedd.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Currently attending college, studying Non-Profit Fundraising, Communications, Business or something similar. Previous internship or experience in event coordination helpful, but not required. Ability to handle multiple projects, strong communication skills, outgoing and friendly personality. Must maintain confidentiality. Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook experience required, experience with donor database software preferred. A strong desire to learn about donor cultivation.
Desired year in school: Junior or Senior in an undergraduate program.
Desired Majors: Non-Profit Fundraising, Communications, Business or something similar.
Time Commitment: Three to five days a week; 15-30 hours weekly (set schedule will be determined based on intern availability).
TO APPLY please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed application
- A cover letter
- A resume outlining your academic and professional experience
- Two (2) letters of recommendation