Staff Training Internship
The Training intern will gain training systems exposure while working closely with the Training director and VP to assist in systems and assist with specialist projects. This intern will learn about training systems, current electronic training offerings, and other training functions that are unique to Shedd.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate commitment to Shedd’s vision, mission and values
• Partner with the Director of Training and Development to learn about the staff training program Shedd has to offer to its employees.
• Research programmatic training elements and work with the Director to brainstorm ways to incorporate this into the existing traininprogram
• Electronic Training and Database Mastery
o Review and assess electronic training opportunities and review training database needs
o Make recommendations for E-training and benefits and/or database reviews
Currently attending college, studying HR/Training or database training systems Previous internship or job in training helpful, but not required. Ability to handle multiple projects, strong communication skills, outgoing and friendly personality. Must maintain confidentiality. Proficient with Microsoft Office and database systems. Outlook experience required. A strong desire to learn about what is current in this field.
Desired year in school: Junior or Senior in an undergraduate program.
Desired Majors: Training, database systems, electronic program design
Time Commitment: Minimum of 12-18 hours per week. The exact schedule will be based on intern availability.
TO APPLY please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed application
- A cover letter
- A resume outlining your academic and professional experience
- Two (2) letters of recommendation