Sustainable Practices - Purchasing Internship
The Sustainable Practices - Purchasing intern will gain exposure to a variety of sustainable practices activities, including but not limited to: purchasing, environmental quality, facilities, research, strategic planning and operational sustainability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate commitment to Shedd’s vision, mission and values
• Assist BASS department, Purchasing Sustainability Task Force and GLS department with various projects, including:
• Vendor survey generation, distribution, collection, data entry, and evaluation
• Investigation of sustainable products and alternative chemicals
• Assist with other possible projects as available
The intern should possess ability to handle multiple projects, strong communication skills, outgoing and friendly personality. The candidate must be able to maintain confidentiality. Ideally, this individual would be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel. Outlook experience required. Also, the intern should have a strong desire to learn about sustainability, specifically business operations.
Experience: Previous internship or job in an office setting with a research focus helpful, but not required.
Desired year in school: College graduate or current student (junior or senior)
Desired Majors: Candidate will possess either a Bachelor degree in the area of Business, Sciences, Communications, or academic progress toward a Bachelor degree in these fields of study.
Time Commitment: 15 to 25 hours per week, including Thursday availability
TO APPLY please submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Completed application
- A cover letter
- A resume outlining your academic and professional experience
- Two (2) letters of recommendation