Become a member of an elite group dedicated to conservation, education and the care of animals.
The Aquarium Council is made up of individuals who contribute $1,500 or more to Shedd’s Annual Fund. In appreciation of their support and investment in the aquarium, we are pleased to offer benefits to enhance the Shedd experience. Benefits include exclusive behind-the-scenes access to our living collection, facilities and animal care experts, as well as invitations to special events and much more.
We invite you to join this special group of donors by making a gift today.
Aquarium Council Benefits
Aquarium Council Member ($1,500-$2,499)
• FREE and unlimited entry to all aquarium exhibits
• VIP ticketing and parking services
• Invitation to exclusive events, "Know Your Aquarium" program series and behind-the-scenes tours
• Invitation to donor recognition dinner
• Invitation to annual Board of Trustees Gala
• Priority invitations to Auxiliary Board events
• Listing in the annual report and members publications
• Invitations to annual members events
• Early notices and discounts on classes and experiences
• Discounts in Shedd stores and restaurants
• Subscription to members publications
• All of the above, plus…
• Recognition on Annual Donor Wall in the aquarium
• Personal behind-the-scenes tour (once a year)
• All Fellow level benefits, plus…
• Personal front-of-scenes tour for guests (twice per year)
• All Guardian level benefits, plus…
• “Trainer for a Day” opportunity (once a year)
Steward ($25,000 and above)
• All Conservator level benefits, plus…
• Customized annual experience at Shedd
• Business luncheon and tour with president/CEO
There are some great benefits to being an Aquarium Council member, such as Breakfast with the Animals and a special Know Your Aquarium evening series.