Especially for Members
Your Shedd membership gives you free and unlimited entry to all the aquarium’s exhibits—and so much more! Events, discounts and special offers are all part of your Shedd members benefits. And be sure to check out our member visit tips!
Stingray Touch: Members-only hours
Get up close with cownose and yellow stingrays during our members-onlyStingray Sundays. Stingray Sundays will take place on the first Sunday of every month: June 2, July 7, Aug. 4, Sept. 1 and Oct. 6, from 9 to 10 a.m. Stingray Touch will cost $3 a member.
Members can now book their behind-the-scenes tour in advance online. Purchase your tickets here and use the code ADVMEM.
Advance Aquatic Show Tickets
We added an advance ticket purchase option for the aquatic show current Shedd Aquarium members. For just $2.30 a ticket, you can book the aquatic show exclusively for members. Tickets must be purchased at least 24 hours before your Shedd visit.
Click here for details on how to purchase advance aquatic show tickets.
Member Visit Tips
• Carry your membership card. It gives you expedited entry, and access to a day of fun with 32,500 animals and all of your special on-site member benefits. (Don’t worry, there is a back-up plan if you forget or have misplaced your card: Simply show your photo ID at the membership desk.)
• Have a plan. See new faces or old friends– plan your visit before you arrive.
• Check the members page. Get your Aquatic Show tickets in advance, hear about member events, and learn where else you can receive discounts as a Shedd Aquarium member.
• Arrive early. Not only will you have the best views of the animals, but you’ll have the best chance to get your free tickets to the aquatic show. We are open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. from now through Labor Day.
• Check in. Stop at the membership desk off the main foyer with your membership card to get your member wristbands and tickets to any shows you would like.
• Take advantage of your discounts in the restaurants and gift stores.
• Remember that summer (including holidays and discount days) is a popular time to visit Shedd for guests and members alike. Please be patient. With your membership card and photo ID, check-in is quick and easy, and you’ll be on your way to another great Shedd visit.
Education Programs—From family sleepovers to underwater photography lessons, Shedd members receive discounts on almost all of the aquarium’s educational programs. Find upcoming offerings for kids, teens, families, or adults.
Extraordinary Experiences—Members enjoy everyday discounts on beluga encounters and Trainer for a Day experiences. Mention your membership when you call 312-692-3224 to reserve. Check your 2012-2013 members guide for coupons good for additional discounts on our popular Extraordinary Experiences.
Shedd Restaurants—Present your membership card at Soundings Café, Bubble Net food court, or the Deep Ocean Café to receive 10 percent off your purchase. Save on snacks, drinks and lunches. See what we’re serving.
Shedd Stores—From the educational and enlightening to the fun and fuzzy, you’ll find great souvenirs and gifts in the Shedd stores. Members save 10 percent every day.
Advance Aquatic Show tickets
Special offers for members:
• Ghirardelli discount
• Water Tower Place discounts
Members FAQ Page
Have questions about your membership? Check out our FAQ page for Members!
New! Adopt-an-Animal program
Contribute to Shedd's mission in a new way by symbolically adopting a penguin, Pacific white-sided dolphin or beluga whale.