Join or Contribute
The Nautilus Society honors those individuals who make estate commitments or life-income arrangements that benefit Shedd.
In recognition of their thoughtful support, members of the Nautilus Society receive a variety of special privileges. We invite you to join this group of dedicated individuals. Please contact us for more information and read our estate planning tips.
Shedd Aquarium is proud to recognize Nautilus Society members with the following special privileges:
- Individualized estate planning assistance for bequests, trusts, IRAs, income for life plans and other charitable gifts to Shedd Aquarium
- Opportunity to schedule a private behind-the-scenes tour
- Personal assistance with VIP ticketing and parking for your visits to Shedd
- Special recognition in the Annual Report and WaterShedd, our donor newsletter
- Invitations to estate planning seminars
- Invitations to exclusive donor events as a member of the Nautilus Society
In the midst of the Great Depression, Mrs. John G. Shedd donated $50,000 to establish an endowment fund for the aquarium. She gave an additional $1.5 million a year later.