Calling all budding social scientists! This position is ideal for those with an interest in research and evaluation, museum studies, sociology, psychology, anthropology, education and learning sciences as well as for those who want to gain practical applied social science research skills.
Research and Evaluation volunteers are at the heart of providing a better understanding of the experience of our diverse audiences: who they are, why they come, what engages them, what they learn and how they connect to Shedd. R&E volunteers should be enthusiastic about interacting with our guests and learning about how we collect and use data.
- As an R&E volunteer, you will
- assist with projects like program evaluations, exhibit evaluations and other collaborative research projects;
- collect data using a multitude of methods including interviews, surveys, observations and interactive evaluation games
- help with administrative tasks including database management and data entry; and
- act as a knowledgeable and friendly face of the aquarium while engaging with Shedd audiences.
We’ll provide all necessary training! Apply today to become a part of this dynamic and engaging team.
Please note: This volunteer role does not involve animal contact or research.