Thank you for your interest in Shedd Aquarium! Each year, Shedd receives a large number of ticket donation requests from hundreds of civic, private and not-for-profit organizations. Thanks to the generosity of friends, corporate partners and foundations, we are able to support our community by fulfilling a number of these requests each year.
Submissions by Mail
John G. Shedd Aquarium
Attention: Donation Request
External Affairs & Communications
1200 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
Timing of Submissions
Requests must be received a minimum of two months before the date of the event. If your organization misses this deadline, feel free to submit your request for the following year.
For your request to be considered, you must meet the following donation criteria:
- Requesting organization must be 501(c)(3).
- Requests must be submitted on organization's letterhead and be accompanied by the organization's IRS tax-determination letter.
- Request can be mailed or emailed. No third-party requests will be approved.
- Requests must be received three months in advance of need.
- An organization will be approved for only one request per year.
- Tickets not used by the expiration date cannot be reissued and will become void after expiration date.
- The aquarium cannot grant requests involving animal interactions, memberships, or behind-the-scenes tours.