Water-Quality Lab Volunteers
This role is ideal for those interested in the scientific aspects of Shedd. Every day water-quality lab volunteers analyze water samples from around the aquarium. performing wet-chemical analyses, cleaning lab equipment and glassware, and recording data for distribution to staff. A minimum of high school A.P. chemistry is required, and additional college chemistry coursework or professional experience is helpful, as is familiarity with basic aquarium water parameters and tests.
Weekly and biweekly shifts, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
What are the benefits of being a Shedd volunteer?
- Admission to the aquarium and other cultural institutions
- The chance to see how Shedd works behind the scenes
- Gift shop and café discounts and discounted parking while volunteering
- Helping to spark compassion, curiosity and conservation for the aquatic animal world
- Meeting a diverse group of staff members, volunteers and guests who share a passion for aquatic life
Volunteering at Shedd FAQs
Want to learn more about volunteering at Shedd? See our frequently asked questions!Read More , on the Volunteering at Shedd FAQs page