Guest Engagement Volunteers
Share animal stories with Shedd’s guests as an exhibit interpreter or a summer interpreter. Connect guests to animals at touch pool habitats and inspire conservation through hands-on activities. Responsibilities include promoting self-discovery, engaging guests with relevant animal information and providing great customer service for audiences of various backgrounds.
16+ individually; 12-15 with an adult
Training and onboarding
Successful applicants who complete the general on-boarding process will receive additional, specialized training from Guest Engagement staff. See our "FAQs" for the general volunteer on-boarding process.
Guest Engagement volunteers must attend two additional trainings, which are offered on a monthly basis. Trainings occur on Saturdays or Sundays from 9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Weekly, biweekly or flexible shifts, a.m. and p.m.
What are the benefits of being a Shedd volunteer?
- Admission to the aquarium and other cultural institutions
- The chance to see how Shedd works behind the scenes
- Gift shop and café discounts and discounted parking while volunteering
- Helping to spark compassion, curiosity and conservation for the aquatic animal world
- Meeting a diverse group of staff members, volunteers and guests who share a passion for aquatic life
Volunteering at Shedd FAQs
Want to learn more about volunteering at Shedd? See our frequently asked questions!Read More , on the Volunteering at Shedd FAQs page