Learning Programs Volunteers
Inspire the next generation of learners at Shedd by engaging with our school-group audience. Our Learning Programs volunteers receive training that enables them to assist school group audiences with Learning Labs and Science Tech Trek learning experiences at the aquarium.
Weekly, August to June
Learning Labs volunteers
Inspire student interest in animals and science during classroom-based activities that explore ecology, anatomy and pathology. Volunteers help prepare Shedd classrooms, welcome participants and act as a friendly resource. No previous experience needed; all training will be provided.
9 a.m.-2 p.m., Tuesday-Friday
Science Tech Treks volunteers
Lead students as they participate in dynamic exhibit-based learning opportunities. Volunteers will present learning experience orientations, assist in iPad learning activities and share information about our animals and exhibits. No technology experience required; all training will be provided!
9 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Tuesday-Friday
What are the benefits of being a Shedd volunteer?
- Admission to the aquarium and other cultural institutions
- The chance to see how Shedd works behind the scenes
- Gift shop and café discounts and discounted parking while volunteering
- Helping to spark compassion, curiosity and conservation for the aquatic animal world.
- Meeting a diverse group of staff members, volunteers and guests who share a passion for aquatic life
Volunteering at Shedd FAQs
Want to learn more about volunteering at Shedd? See our frequently asked questions!Read More , on the Volunteering at Shedd FAQs page