Shedd’s library volunteers contribute to the aquarium’s commitment to curiosity and conservation. Assistants help route journals, fulfill interlibrary loans, shelve materials and assist with staff research and reference requests. Previous library experience is preferred.
Interested in Applying?
Email [email protected]
Weekday shifts with flexible hours
Check out Shedd's library
Yes, we have a library at Shedd! From the aquarium’s earliest days, our staff needed to understand how to provide the best for the animals in our care. That need for knowledge has evolved into the library we have today.
What are the benefits of being a Shedd volunteer?
- Admission to the aquarium and other cultural institutions
- The chance to see how Shedd works behind the scenes
- Gift shop and café discounts and discounted parking while volunteering
- Helping to spark compassion, curiosity and conservation for the aquatic animal world
- Meeting a diverse group of staff members, volunteers and guests who share a passion for aquatic life
Volunteering at Shedd FAQs
Want to learn more about volunteering at Shedd? See our frequently asked questions!Read More , on the Volunteering at Shedd FAQs page