Marine Mammals Husbandry Volunteers
Enjoy the messier aspects of maintaining our marine mammals and ambassador animals by preparing a variety of foods, cleaning exhibit and support areas and assisting the animal care specialists with other critical tasks. Tasks can be physically demanding and include exposure to cold or warm temperatures, saltwater and animal fur and dander. Although animal contact is minimal, you’ll work closely with and learn from our expert staff. Animal care experience is helpful, but not required.
No Current Openings
Weekly and biweekly shifts; morning or afternoon
What are the benefits of being a Shedd volunteer?
- Admission to the aquarium and other cultural institutions
- The chance to see how Shedd works behind the scenes
- Gift shop and café discounts and discounted parking while volunteering
- Helping to spark compassion, curiosity and conservation for the aquatic animal world.
- Meeting a diverse group of staff members, volunteers and guests who share a passion for aquatic life