Special Events Volunteers
This is a great way to get involved with Shedd if you have limited or changing availability. Special events opportunities include helping with Jazzin’ at the Shedd, fundraisers, exhibit openings and other evening events; learning department events like summer camp and overnights; conservation events, including Great Lakes Action Days; and administrative tasks, including data entry, “thank-you” calls to new members and mailroom duties.
At least once every three months; 40 hours a year
Vary by event. Weekday and weekend opportunities available.
What are the benefits of being a Shedd volunteer?
- Admission to the aquarium and other cultural institutions
- The chance to see how Shedd works behind the scenes
- Gift shop and café discounts and discounted parking while volunteering
- Helping to spark compassion, curiosity and conservation for the aquatic animal world
- Meeting a diverse group of staff members, volunteers and guests who share a passion for aquatic life
Volunteering at Shedd FAQs
Want to learn more about volunteering at Shedd? See our frequently asked questions!Read More , on the Volunteering at Shedd FAQs page