- Five days of summer camp activities at Shedd Aquarium.
- One camp T-shirt is included with the camp fee. Additional shirts may be purchased onsite for $10 each by cash or check. Campers must wear camp t-shirts at all times.
Lunch and snack. Campers must bring nut-free lunch and snack each day.
A nut-free lunch and snack each day
- Reusable water bottle with a cap
- Camp t-shirt (will be provided on the first day of camp and must be worn each day)
- Close-toed shoes
- Recommended: Hand sanitizer, sunscreen, hat and/or sunglasses
- A nut-free lunch and snack each day
Each day will begin with a morning sharing circle and games, followed by animal encounters, aquarium exploration and crafts, outdoor activities and games and a closing reflection.
- Drop-off and pick-up take place at the bus turnaround on the south side of Shedd Aquarium. Drop-off takes place from 8:30 – 9 a.m. Pick-up is from 3 – 3:30 p.m.
- Participants who have registered for aftercare prior to the start of camp are to be picked up any time between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. each day Monday-Friday.
- A penalty will be assessed for late pick-ups.
- A limited number of aftercare spots are available for a fee and are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. During aftercare, campers will have the option to read, create artwork, play games, watch movies, or participate in other free-choice activities.
- Aftercare will be offered from 3:00-5:00 p.m. for an additional fee. You can add this option as you register for camp.
Families must complete additional registration materials after purchasing a ticket (included in the confirmation email) including medical information, waivers and pick-up drop-off authorization.
Visit Shedd Aquarium’s Plan a Visit page to learn more about the changes the aquarium has made to keep visitors safe.
- Staff and employee health screenings
- Staff and employee vaccination requirement
- Camper health screening and taking temperatures upon arrival
- Additional and frequent hand washing and sanitation
- Spending time outside whenever possible
- Minimal sharing of supplies
If campers begin to feel unwell or show symptoms of infectious illness while at camp, they will be taken to an isolation area to rest under the supervision of a staff member. Caregivers will be called to pick up their camper and advised to consult with their family’s healthcare provider to determine if testing for COVID-19 is warranted.
In accordance with state and local guidelines, camp group size will be limited to maximum 25 campers to ensure adequate distancing.
Groups are determined based on age/grade levels, so we are not able to accommodate buddy requests during summer 2022.
Refunds and cancellations
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
- If a camper misses any days of camp due to illness, a prorated refund will be issued only for missed camp days.
- No other refunds will be issued unless Shedd Aquarium cancels the program. Shedd Aquarium reserves the right to cancel the event for any reason. If your event is cancelled, you will be informed via phone or email as soon as possible. In the event of a cancellation, you will receive a full refund within 30 days, based on your original method of payment.
If you have additional questions please contact us at [email protected] or call 312-939-2438.