- Five days of summer camp activities at Shedd Aquarium.
- One camp t-shirt is included with the camp fee. Additional shirts may be purchased onsite for $10 each by cash or check. Campers must wear camp t-shirts at all times.
Lunch and snack. Campers must bring a peanut- and tree nut-free lunch and snack each day.
A peanut- and tree
nut-free lunch and snack each day
- Reusable water bottle with a cap
- Two to three masks (in case one gets dirty)
- Camp t-shirt (will be provided on the first day of camp and must be worn each day)
- Close-toed shoes
- Recommended: Hand sanitizer, sunscreen, hat and/or sunglasses
- A peanut- and tree nut-free lunch and snack each day
Each day will begin with a morning sharing circle and games, followed by animal encounters, animal exploration and crafts, outdoor activities and games and a closing reflection.
Drop-off and pick-up take place at the bus turnaround on the south side of Shedd Aquarium. Drop-off takes place from 8:30-9:00 a.m. CT. Camper health screenings will take place during drop-off. Pick-up is from 3:00–3:30 p.m. A penalty will be assessed for late pickups. You will receive more details about drop-off and pick-up before camp begins. Campers must be dropped off by an adult from their household each morning.
Shedd Aquarium is not able to offer aftercare during summer 2021. All campers must be picked up no later than 3:30 p.m.
Families must complete additional registration materials after purchasing a ticket. A packet including medical and pick-up / drop-off authorization information will be included in the confirmation email.
Visit Shedd Aquarium’s Plan a Visit page to learn more about the changes the aquarium has made to keep visitors safe.
- Staff and employee health screenings
- Camper health screening and taking temperatures upon arrival
- Limited group size
- Additional and frequent hand washing and sanitation
- Maintaining social distancing whenever possible
- Spending time outside whenever possible
- Minimal sharing of supplies
- Mask wearing
If campers begin to feel unwell or show symptoms of infectious illness while at camp, they will be taken to an isolation area to rest under the supervision of a staff member. Caregivers will be called to pick up their camper and advised to consult with their family’s healthcare provider to determine if testing for COVID-19 is warranted.
We are not able to accommodate buddy requests during summer 2021.
Refunds and cancellations
Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
If a camper misses any days of camp due to adhering to Shedd's COVID-19 protocols, a prorated refund will be issued only for missed camp days.
No other refunds will be issued unless Shedd Aquarium cancels the program. Shedd Aquarium reserves the right to cancel the event for any reason. If your event is cancelled, you will be informed via phone or email as soon as possible. In the event of a cancellation, you will receive a full refund within 30 days, based on your original method of payment.
If you have additional questions please contact us at [email protected] or call 312-939-2438.