Shedd Aquarium is located on Chicago’s Museum Campus. This dynamic shared site hosts a variety of special events that can affect traffic and parking. To start your day at Shedd on a relaxing note, check this page before each visit so you can plan ahead for changes in parking or traffic.
Museum campus alert
Please note, until further notice, there will only be garage parking on the Museum Campus, no street parking on Solidarity Drive. If you choose to visit Shedd Aquarium, we strongly recommend arriving via public transportation.
Special events and special rates
In addition to any dates listed below, parking at the Soldier Field north garage can be the special-event rate of $30, payable on entry with credit card or cash, on any day without notice.
2022 - 2023 Chicago Bears home games: Soldier Field north garage parking will cost $55 on the dates listed here: Chicago Bears Schedule
2022 - 2023 Chicago Fire home games. Soldier Field north garage parking will cost $35 on the dates listed here: Chicago Fire FC Schedule
On the day of Chicago Bears home games and other special events on or near Museum Campus, we strongly recommend taking public transportation to visit Shedd.
- For any noon or 3 p.m. games, only season ticket holders, museum employees and anyone needing ADA parking will be allowed to park in the Soldier Field North Garage until the start of the event.
- For a 7 p.m. game, museum guests can park in the North Garage until about midday, depending on the traffic flow.
- Parking will be prohibited on Solidarity Drive.
- You'll pay a higher, special-event parking rate as you enter all available Museum Campus parking facilities. Parking will cost $55 on days with Chicago Bears home games.
- If you use the Soldier Field North Garage, expect delays on game days as cars are inspected with a metal detector before entering. You'll be required to open your trunk or hatch.
If you have accessibility needs, please contact us at 312-939-2438 for additional information about getting to Shedd.
Yes, ATMs are available in the Soldier Field North Garage.
When the special-event fee is in effect, it often means parking on Solidarity Drive is prohibited. When no parking signs are posted on the street, they are strictly enforced.
All fee changes are announced ahead of time, especially during the summer. However, rates and hours for all lots and garages are subject to change without notice. All Museum Campus parking is owned by the Chicago Park District and managed by Standard Parking. For the most current parking information, visit soldierfieldparking.com.