AUGUST 1−5, 2018
• Experience Québec’s French charm and beauty
• Glide through the magnificent Saguenay Fjord on a private sunset sail
• Whale watch while hiking and enjoy optional kayaking in the St. Lawrence River Estuary
• Zodiac in the Saguenay Fjord on the lookout for some of the 13 whale species as well as harbor seals that inhabit the area
• Learn about the whales and other fauna and flora of the St. Lawrence at the Cap de Bon-Désir Interpretive Centre and enjoy a reception with a marine biologist at GREMM (Group for Research and Education on Marine Mammals)
Your expert guide
Steve Aibel, Shedd’s senior director of marine mammals, has more than three decades of experience with whales, dolphins, sea lions, walruses and other animals. So he’s well prepared to help you spot and identify the whales (and other animals) of the St. Lawrence River. He looks forward to sharing exhilarating wildlife experiences in a stunning landscape as well as introducing you to Shedd’s conservation partners at GREMM.
Why you want to go!
The great whales you’ll see up close. The breathtaking landscapes. The rich history of the province. The charming and historic accommodations. The chance to learn about this spectacular marine environment in an intimate setting. This trip is limited to just 18 adventure-seeking travelers.