The Chicago Street Race is the first-ever NASCAR Cup Series Street Race. A festival atmosphere will accompany the races and include entertainment, live concert performances, food experiences, and family activities. Gates open at 9 a.m. on July 1 and July 2.
The Chicago Street Race weekend will be located in Grant Park, 337 E Randolph St, Chicago, IL 60601. The NASCAR Chicago Street Race will take place on sections of streets that surround are adjacent to Grant Park, specifically Columbus Drive, Jackson Dr., Michigan Ave., Roosevelt Road, Balbo Drive and DuSable Lake Shore Drive.
Yes, we have made changes to our hours of operation to accommodate disruptions caused by the race. These accommodations were made to ensure we maintain the high standards of service and care we are known for to create a joyful and seamless experience for our members, guests and staff.
Due to several varying impacts, Shedd Aquarium has adjusted its hours of operation between Thursday, June 29 and Monday, July 3 in order to accommodate our guests, staff, partners and volunteers and to ensure we may deliver the best experience possible during this time.
Alternate Hours of Operations:
- Thursday, June 29: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with last entry to the aquarium at 2 p.m.
- Friday, June 30: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with last entry to aquarium at 2 p.m.
- Saturday, July 1: Closed
- Sunday, July 2: Closed
- Monday, July 3: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with last entry to the aquarium at 2 p.m.
Regular Hours of Operation
- Shedd Aquarium will resume normal hours of operation for the July 4th Independence Day holiday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., with last entry to the aquarium at 4 p.m.
Shedd Aquarium is proud to welcome more than one-third of our guests annually to the aquarium with free or reduced admission. Guests can take advantage of Shedd's access programs every day by exploring our program offerings here.Illinois residents can visit our website soon regarding announcements regarding this summer's Illinois Resident Free days.
Please download the official map for guidance on how to get to Museum Campus via driving, CTA bus service and pedestrian access.
If you are driving to the aquarium between June 28 and July 3:
- From the South: Use Northbound DuSable Lake Shore Drive and exit at 18th Street, Waldron Drive or McFetridge Drive
- From the North: Access I-55 between 24th and 25th at State and proceed to Northbound DuSable Lake Shore Drive. Exit at 18th Street, Waldron Drive or McFetridge Drive.
If you are using public transportation between June 28 and July 3:
- From CTA: Buses and trains will have alternate schedules during this period
- When utilizing the exit at the Roosevelt Road/Museum Campus train station, you can transfer to a shuttle bus that will take you to Museum Campus. Shuttles will run every 15 minutes. This will replace the regular #146 bus to Museum Campus.
- From Metra: Best bet for Metra or Amtrak users! CTA's #130 bus leaves Union/Ogilvie stations. For the most up to date information on Metra's specific schedule, visit Metra.com.
If you are walking or biking between June 28 and July 3:
- Pedestrian access will be available via the Columbus Drive Underpass and Lakefront Trail.
All daily parking options on Museum Campus will be available and at the regular daily, non-event rates. Valet parking will not be available. Please visit our Getting to Sheddpage for parking information.
Guests should arrive and enter within the first half-hour of their scheduled hourly entry time; however, tickets will be honored for a full hour after the reserved scheduled time.
Guests who have pre-purchased tickets have the freedom to change the date or time of their visit after purchasing tickets. Should you select a new date or time with a higher admission cost, you will simply need to pay the difference to confirm the change. No refunds will be issued if you exchange to a less-expensive visit date and time or if you choose to cancel your visit completely. Please reach out to us via email or call us at 312-939-2438.
Prices vary. With Shedd Aquarium’s Plan Ahead Pricing, non-Chicago residents can save on admission by planning their visit and booking tickets in advance. Chicago residents enjoy the same discounted price for general admission and Members receive free admission every day.