The Museum Campus is often home to a variety of special events that can affect traffic and parking. Please check back here before your next visit, so you can plan your trip accordingly.
April 25 and 26, starting at 8 a.m. This weekend two fundraising events starting at Soldier Field bring hundreds of walkers, skaters, cyclists and runners to the Museum Campus and lakefront. We'll post route specifics and any road closures as soon as we get them. But allow extra time if you're planning a morning visit to Shedd.
April 22-May 8. The NFL draft takes place in Grant Park from April 30 to May 2, but street closures are already in effect. Lake Shore Drive and the Museum Campus roads will be open during that time, but be aware of the following street closures in and around Grant Park, especially if the Eisenhower Expressway is part of your route to and from Shedd.
- Congress Parkway between Michigan and Columbus, including Congress Circle, April 22 until May 8.
- Columbus between Balbo and Jackson, April 27 until May 4.
- Michigan Avenue between Balbo and Jackson, April 30, from 3 p.m. until 11 p.m.
- Congress between Michigan and State, April 30, from 3 p.m to 11 p.m.
- Closures will affect Wabash and Van Buren on April 30.
With rerouted traffic and higher numbers of pedestrians, expect delays and allow extra time to get to Shedd.