Veterinary Technician Internship
A career learning experience, a Shedd veterinary technician internship offers exposure to veterinary support of a large collection of fishes, marine mammals, amphibians, reptiles, birds,terrestrial mammals and invertebrates. Students will work closely with veterinarians, veterinary technicians, staff microbiologist and water-quality personnel.
Four weeks, 40 hours a week
How to apply
To be considered for a veterinary technician internship, send an application packet containing all the required items to [email protected]
You can also mail your application to:
John G. Shedd Aquarium
Veterinary Technician Internship Program
Attn: Tanya Salvey
1200 S. Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, IL 60605
- Letter of intent
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Desired start and end dates (no November-February dates, please)
Spring: Jan. 15
Summer: April 15
Fall: Aug. 1
Qualifications and requirements
Enrollment in an accredited veterinary technician program.
- Eight- to 10-week time commitment (five days weekly, eight hours a day)
- Weekend availability may be required as weekly schedules often include one weekend day.
- Student must provide vaccination history, including a negative TB test in the last 6 months.
This is an unpaid internship. Interns are responsible for securing their own housing accommodations and transport. Shedd Aquarium is accessible via public transit.