Aquarium Council members are a group of committed supporters, animal enthusiasts and nature lovers who support Shedd's mission to spark compassion, curiosity and conservation for the aquatic animal world. They believe wildlife and wild places are worth protecting. Their annual generosity catalyzes transformative change for the evolving world around us and on behalf of our great blue planet.
Aquarium Council Membership Benefits
Your annual membership unlocks VIP access to Shedd, allowing you to look nature in the eye while helping communities here, there and everywhere to be transformed by Shedd's mission and vision.
- Free and unlimited entry to all aquarium exhibits
- VIP parking assistance
- Concierge-like visit coordination and ticket setup
- Private invitations to Spark Sessions - special and dynamic onsite programming that changes throughout the year
- Invitation to exclusive events throughout the year, including education events with Shedd experts and leading external experts
- Family-friendly perks, including early access to learning programs
- Early access to the Shedd Adventures travel program
Aquarium Council Membership Perks by Level
One personalized, private tour of Shedd per year
$1,443 of this gift is tax-deductible.*
One special behind-the-scenes tour per year
$2,320 of this gift is tax-deductible.*
One special up-close interaction with an animal per year
$4,820 of this gift is tax-deductible.*
One lunch and special tour with a Shedd expert per year.
$9,760 of this gift is tax-deductible.*
If interested in joining Shedd Aquarium's leadership donor society, contact Donor Services, [email protected].
Aquarium Council membership and other donations can be made via gifts of stocks and securities.
*FMV evaluation as of January 1, 2023. Please refer to your official tax receipt for details of your gift. If you need another copy of this acknowledgment, please email [email protected].
If you would like your membership to be 100% tax-deductible, you can opt out of goods and services. For questions about your benefits, or to waive the benefits associated with this membership, please email the donor services team at [email protected].