Thank you to our members, current and future!
If you are a member, be sure to log in to receive all of your member perks including complimentary admission, discounts on programs and events, special invitations to exclusive members events and much more! See your membership perks below.
Not a member? Join today and unlock exclusive benefits!
Have questions? We're here to help.
Our members are
important to us, and we’re always here to help. You can call our Member Hotline
at 312-692-3284 or email [email protected] with questions. Our
hotline is staffed seven days a week!
Become a Shedd insider
Support compassion, curiosity and conservation of the aquatic animal world and join us with a membership level that's right for you! Not only do you get free access to the aquarium year-round, but your support also helps animals across the globe!
SheddTalks virtual events
Receive member-only invitations to our SheddTalks virtual chats where you’ll learn more about the aquatic animal world with VIP access to scientists and conservation experts.
Members often get the opportunity to sign up first for program launches, events and more.
Members are the first to know about new animal arrivals, new benefits, updates on Shedd’s mission and more through a bi-weekly eNews update.
While tickets are free, advance timed ticket reservation is required for entry.
Make the most of your visit
Discounts at the aquarium and online
- 40% discount on 4-D Experiences
- 10% discount in Shedd gift shops
- 10% discount at Shedd restaurants
- 10% discount at our online store with code: TREEFROG
Special member pricing
- Member Oceanarium Sundays: Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m., members can enjoy exclusive animal chats in our Abbott Oceanarium to connect with animals and learn from the people at Shedd who care for them daily.
- Annual Member Open House: Every summer, members can join us behind the scenes to get a closer look at how Shedd Aquarium delivers our mission and helps protect some of the most vulnerable aquatic species on the planet.
- Spark Sessions: Members receive invitations to special and dynamic onsite programming that changes throughout the year, highlighting our work with fascinating species from baby Blanding’s turtles to flamboyant cuttlefish.
See the aquatic world, around the world
Your support makes a difference
By purchasing a membership, you are fueling the important work we do to save species, conserve biodiversity and provide public education that empowers the next generation to join us in protecting our blue planet. This mission work includes but is not limited to:
- Creating dynamic learning programs and resources for Chicagoland students.
- Conducting research both in the Great Lakes region and all the way to the Caribbean and beyond.
- Rescuing and rehabilitating animals in need across the globe by keeping our Animal Response Team ready to rescue at a moment’s notice.
- Providing exceptional animal care daily to thousands of species, including several rescued and vulnerable species.
- Providing equitable access to nature for all.
Add on global benefits
Surge with us!
Take action with us, your friends and neighbors to protect the planet we share. Discover a wealth of information of how to maximize your positive impact on earth by joining our new community, Surge. Get even deeper access when you sign up to be a Surge Stakeholder. Are you in?
By Phone: You can call our members hotline at 312-692-3284, seven days a week.
By Mail: We will be sending you a letter before your membership expires with a return envelope already addressed to Shedd, but you are always welcome to renew before that! Send a check to the attention of the Membership Department at Shedd Aquarium Society, 29017 Network Place, Chicago, IL 60673-1290
Your Shedd membership is good until the end of the month of purchase, the following year. (eg, if you purchase a membership January 1, 2021 your membership will expire January 31, 2022)
Right away! You can call the Membership Hotline at 312-692-3284 or email [email protected] for assistance with accessing your member benefits.