Shedd Aquarium, a leader in animal care, conservation, education and research, announces the election of six new senior executives to the aquarium’s Board of Trustees: Shannel Clubb of RSM US LLP; Robert Jordan of WGN-TV (retired); Zaldwaynaka “Z” Scott of Chicago State University; Mark Stainton of Citadel; Joyce St. Clair of Northern Trust; and Jeffrey Wright of Gold Leaf Capital Partners.
“This dynamic group of leaders brings years of economic, cultural, social and community contributions that will bring great value not only to Shedd’s role in the healing and recovery of Chicago but also to informing and strengthening our future ambitions,” said Brian A. Kenney, chairman, president and CEO of GATX Corporation and Shedd Aquarium Board Chairman.
- Shannel Clubb is a principal of insurance management consulting for RSM US LLP (RSM) with more than two decades of experience in technology, consulting and insurance. Clubb has also been instrumental in shaping RSM’s diversity and inclusion efforts through her insight into workplace culture, engagement, organizational growth and her role as the national leader for the firm’s African American and Canadian Excellence (AACE) employee network group.
- Robert Jordan is a retired reporter and news anchor for WGN-TV. Jordan also previously served as a Shedd Aquarium Trustee from 1986-2014. After retiring in 2016, with more than 40 years of journalism experience, Jordan has returned to a more active role on the Board.
- Zaldwaynaka “Z” Scott serves as the President of Chicago State University as of 2018 and is considered a thought leader on issues of equity and access in higher education. In her time as President, she has overseen the development and advancement of student success initiatives, developed and implemented a five-year strategic plan and created a statewide, cross-sector Equity Working Group for Black Student Access and Success in Illinois' Higher Education.
- Mark Stainton has held several positions, most recently the special advisor to the CEO of Citadel. He has previously served as the manager of Citadel’s Global Equities fund, one of the firm’s foundational investment funds.
- Joyce St. Clair is an executive vice president and chief human resources officer for Northern Trust. In her long career with Northern Trust, she has also previously served as both Chief Risk Officer and Chief Capital Management Officer.
- Jeffrey Wright is the founder and CEO of Gold Leaf Capital Partners, a capital markets advisory firm that provides access to capital, financial and strategic advisory services to CEOs, entrepreneurs, investors and government leaders across the world.
“Shedd Aquarium’s Board of Trustees is generous in so many ways, providing hard work, ideas, resources and connections that translate to meaningful and lasting impacts for Shedd and for Chicago,” said Bridget Coughlin, PhD, president and CEO of Shedd Aquarium. “We are thrilled to usher in new insights and contributions from six tremendous leaders, who are also passionate about animals and saving this blue planet.”
Shedd is governed by the Shedd Aquarium Society, composed of volunteer corporate, civic and community leaders that make up the Board of Trustees with the primary responsibility for governance oversight and fiduciary accountability, as outlined in the Society’s bylaws. The board provides strategic direction for institutional priorities through work in both governance and programmatic committees.
PHOTOS: Headshots of the new trustees can be viewed and downloaded here: https://personal.filesanywhere.com/fs/v.aspx?v=8e6b678e5d6172a6a5aa.