An estate gift to Shedd Aquarium creates a lasting legacy for you and your family. You can endow the future of Shedd Aquarium while also providing for your loved ones, achieving your financial goals and sharing your philanthropic values with future generations.
Join the Nautilus Society
Many of the first fishes in Shedd’s collection traveled to Chicago aboard the Nautilus, a Pullman railroad car custom-built to transport aquatic animals. Our Nautilus Society honors those who leave a legacy gift to Shedd, using a variety of giving vehicles to ensure what they love most about Shedd endures into the future.
Nautilus Society members enjoy these special privileges:
- Individualized estate planning assistance for bequests, trusts, IRAs, life-income plans and other charitable gifts to Shedd Aquarium
- Personal assistance with VIP tickets and special visits to Shedd
- Opportunity to schedule a personal behind-the-scenes tour
- Recognition in annual publications (unless you prefer to give anonymously)
- Invitations to charitable gift planning seminars
- Invitations to exclusive events as Nautilus Society members
“It is our responsibility to leave something better for the next generation. The work of Shedd Aquarium will enable people to better understand and take care of the Earth’s aquatic resources for decades to come.”John Shedd Reed