Learn from Shedd educators from the comfort of your home virtually! Receive a highly interactive and collaborative training, rooted in NGSS, on topics such as aquatic science and informal teaching practices. Illinois educators can receive ISBE clock hours.
Jump to your program
Teacher In-Service Offerings
Past Teacher In-Service Sessions
Illinois teachers registered for this program can receive clock hours upon completion of the in-service as well as a letter that can be share with the school’s administration. A current Illinois Educator Identification Number (IEIN) is required for clock hours.
These programs are custom. However, if programs are hosted at Shedd Aquarium, programs could potentially include:
- Use of stairs; elevators are available
- Moving and standing for up to 1 hour
- Work taking place at standard tables with chairs provided
- Use of tools like scissors, forceps, tablets, and microscopes
- Moving around the aquarium, which has varying light, noise and temperature levels
learning environment as part of this experience may include the
following sensory triggers: unusual noises-which may be loud, low or
moderate; changes in lighting; unusual smells; touch sensitivity due the
use of tight-fitting gloves; and, participants may get wet or dirty.
- Facilitators may use portable voice amplification
We believe there should be no boundaries to your Shedd Aquarium experience. If you have an accommodation request related to a disability, please contact us at [email protected] or 312-939-2438. We look forward to assisting you.