Join us this summer at Shedd Aquarium for one of our week-long Chicago summer camps for kids grades K–5. Campers will explore the exciting world of aquatic animals to uncover amazing adaptations and breathtaking behaviors. Your camper will meet animals up-close, from dolphins and turtles, to sharks and coral. They'll explore animals' habitats, participate in hands-on learning activities, play outdoor games, create crafts and more. We are committed to making camp a safe and enjoyable experience for all.
We hope you’ll join us and make a SPLASH!
Shedd's Summer Splash Camp program is made possible with support from the Dover Foundation.
Program dates and registration
Registration ends at 11:59 p.m. on the Sunday one full week before each session of camp.
Camp topics are the same each week.
- July 10 - 14 (Sold out for all grades)*
- July 17 - 21 (Sold out for all grades)*
- July 24 - 28 (Sold out for all grades)*
- July 31 - August 4 (Sold out for all grades)*
Is the week you want to join full? Please join our waitlist.
This program runs from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Aftercare will be offered from 3–5 p.m. for an additional fee. You can add this option as you register for camp.
Financial Assistance is available based on family financial need. Apply here.
What does your camper need to bring?
- A nut-free lunch and snack each day
- Reusable water bottle with a cap
- Camp T-shirt (will be provided on the first day of camp and must be worn each day)
- Closed-toe shoes
- Recommended: Hand sanitizer, sunscreen, hat and/or sunglasses
Important next steps
Once you sign up, you will receive a link to a registration form to fill out. Please take the time to fill it out in detail, so we can learn more about your camper!
You will receive a link to an adult information guide to camp in your confirmation email that contains logistical information to prepare you and your camper for your Shedd Aquarium experience.
The program includes:
- Use of stairs; elevators are available
- Walking and standing for up to 1 hour
- Sitting on the floor for activities; chairs and tables are available
- Moving around the aquarium, which has varying light, noise and temperature levels
- Being outside for eating and activities as weather permits
At Shedd Aquarium, we believe there should be no boundaries to your experience. If you have an accommodation request related to a disability, please contact us at [email protected] or 312-415-4821. We look forward to assisting you.
Please visit Shedd Aquarium's Accessibility Guide to learn more.
- Five days of summer camp activities at Shedd Aquarium.
- One camp T-shirt is included with the camp fee. Additional shirts may be purchased onsite for $10 each by cash or check. Campers must wear camp t-shirts at all times.
Lunch and snack. Campers must bring nut-free lunch and snack each day.
Each day will begin with a morning sharing circle and games, followed by animal encounters, aquarium exploration and crafts, outdoor activities and games and a closing reflection.
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration.
- If a camper misses any days of camp due to illness, a prorated refund will be issued only for missed camp days.
- No other refunds will be issued unless Shedd Aquarium cancels the program. Shedd Aquarium reserves the right to cancel the event for any reason. If your event is cancelled, you will be informed via phone or email as soon as possible. In the event of a cancellation, you will receive a full refund within 30 days, based on your original method of payment.
What are families saying about Camp Shedd: Summer Splash?
“We’ve probably been to 10 camps in Chicago over the years. This is our new favorite.”
"That was amazing! I want to work at Shedd!"
"I'm having more fun than a dolphin."
“I wish I was at camp for a hundred more days.”
“Every day was ‘the best day ever!’”
“The teachers in the program were excellent - patient, organized, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable. My girls had a great week learning from them. I was also super impressed with how organized everything was - drop off and pick up at a busy area had the potential to be stressful but it was a breeze! As a special education teacher myself, I really appreciate the consideration you put in your registration process for kids with special needs. Thank you!”
Still have questions?
If you have questions about registration cancellation, please call 312-939-2438. For all other questions about camp logistics, activities, and accessibility, please email us at [email protected] or call 312-415-4821.
SHEDD'S SUMMER SPLASH CAMP PROGRAM IS MADE POSSIBLE WITH SUPPORT FROM THE DOVER FOUNDATION.
Campers must be entering grades K-5 in the Fall of 2023.
COVID safety precautions
Learn more in FAQs.
July 10 - 14
July 17 - 21
July 24 - 28
July 31 - August 4
- 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Aftercare will be offered from 3 - 5 p.m. for an additional fee. You can add this option as you register for camp.
- Camp Fee Members: $325
- Camp Fee Nonmembers: $355
- Aftercare Members: $100
- Aftercare Nonmembers: Fee: $125
- Financial assistance is available based on family financial need. Apply here.