Help protect our community!
Do you have a fever, cough or feel short of breath? Have you been exposed to someone with these symptoms? Are you visiting from a state or have you recently visited a state that is a part of the City of Chicago's Emergency Travel Order?
Join us at a later date! Already have tickets? Call 312-939-2438 or email [email protected] and we’ll gladly reschedule your visit.
During your visit
- We implemented timed entry to keep an even flow of guests throughout the day.
- We've installed additional hand sanitization stations throughout the aquarium. The entire building will also get a deep cleaning every night after closing.
Enhanced cleaning measures
Building ventilation and air flow
- Shedd Aquarium is operating under ASHRAE COVID-19 Building Readiness/Reopening Guidance dated May 7, 2020.
- All of our air handlers are running 24-hours, 7-days a week.
- Each day 2 hours before we open and 2 hours after we close, we perform a flushing of the building. This includes operating the exhaust fans as well as opening the outside air dampers to 100%.
- We have increased our pre-filter change out schedule and changed our final filters to MERV 14.
- The interiors of our air handlers and air conditioning coils are disinfected as a part of scheduled preventive maintenance of the aquarium.
Beginning February 28, 2022, in accordance with the state and city guidelines, Shedd Aquarium is lifting the mask and vaccination requirements for guests. Guests and staff may continue to wear masks in the aquarium for a variety of reasons, so please continue to be kind and considerate of others.
Yes, there are many hand sanitizing stations present throughout the aquarium.
Do you have a fever, cough or feel short of breath? Have you been exposed to someone with these symptoms? Join us at a later date!
Already have tickets? Call 312-939-2438 or email [email protected] and we’ll gladly reschedule your visit.