This holiday season, give gifts that give back.
Meet a beluga, snuggle an otter plush and flaunt your new penguin pajamas, all while supporting aquatic life.
When you purchase gifts and experiences at Shedd, you are supporting our work to care for animals here, there and everywhere.
Gift Meaningful Experiences
Get up close and go behind the scenes to visit your favorite aquatic animals!
- Beluga Encounter: Meet the belugas where they live! Step into chest-deep water and come face to face with a beluga whale.
- Shark Feeding Tour: Join the sharks and rays for brunch on this behind-the-scenes feeding tour.
- Sea Otter Encounter: Meet the curious and playful sea otters as they eat, swim and play.
- Sea Lion Encounter: Come face to face with the dynamic and intelligent sea lions.
- Penguin Encounter: Meet one of Shedd’s penguins and see them explore, preen, play with toys and gulp fish.
- Must See Tour: Led by an enthusiastic guide, explore Shedd from a new perspective.
Gifts Under $25
On a budget? Explore items under $25 to find the perfect gift for everyone.
Gifts for Kids
Find gifts for the future marine biologists, veterinarians and mermaids in your life! From octopus shirts to plush seahorses, there are so many fun options to choose from.
Fun fact! Our plush toys are sustainable with 100% post-consumer polyester fill and no bead pouches.
Penguin Pajama Collection
The whole family can keep cozy and match for holiday photos in the new penguin pajama sets!
An Exclusive Shedd Book
Animal Apparel and Accessories
Shop apparel and accessories featuring everyone's favorite aquatic animals.
Explore sustainable gifts for the eco-conscious people in your life. Give them the gift of quality, reusable items that reduce plastic waste.
Our Commitment to Sustainability
Conservation is a
part of our mission, and this extends through our partnerships in the building
and beyond. Our eCommerce partner, Event Network, has made waves in the path to
sustainability from their supply chain and beyond.
- Helped launch the Transitional Cotton Project to help further the growth of certified organic cotton farming. Organic methods have a lower impact on the environment, maintain soil fertility, reduce toxic and persistent pesticides and fertilizers and build biologically diverse agriculture.
- Partnered with Tentree, a brand with a vision to drastically reduce climate change by planting trees.
Packaging and supply chain:
- Adjusted hangtags to be printed on recycled materials
- Eliminated individual polybags and boxing
- Simplified packaging by reducing plastic waste
- Redesigned toy packaging to remove single-use plastic and Styrofoam
Packaging and supply chain adjustments:
- Saved over 54,000 pounds of plastic
- Reduced freight emissions by 50%
Sustainable alternative offerings:
- 250,000,000 straws saved from use
- 23,836,000 bottles saved from oceans and landfills
- 2,040,000 plastic bags saved from use
- Planted 17,390 trees, or the equivalent of 9 acres of land being restored