Celebrate the holidays with us!
This holiday season, give gifts that give back. From virtual and in-person experiences to eco-friendly stuffed animals, a gift with purpose is always a great idea. You'll find something for every aquatic animal lover in your life.
When you shop Shedd Aquarium gifts and experiences, you're giving back to aquatic life.
In order for your gifts to arrive in time for the holidays, please place all orders by December 14, 2022.
Gift Meaningful Experiences
Give the gift of an unforgettable experience! They'll never forget the time they got to meet a beluga whale or Zoom call a sea otter.
- Beluga Encounter: Meet the belugas where they live! Standing side by side with a trainer on an underwater ledge, in this 75 minute experience you’ll step into chest-deep water and come face to face with a beluga whale.
- Shark Feeding Tour: Join the ocean's most dynamic and misunderstood predators — sharks — and other marine predators for brunch on this feeding tour.
- Virtual Otter Encounter: There is never a dull moment while observing and learning about how sea otters eat, swim, vocalize, groom, dive and play.
- Must See Tour: Led by an enthusiastic guide, encounter the aquatic animals that call Shedd home like never before. Spot our green sea turtle, Nickel, in Caribbean Reef and learn her rescue story. Sit in the best seats in the house for an Animal Spotlight, and afterwards chat with an animal care expert.
- Membership: Give a gift to a loved one that’s a great deal for them and means a great deal to us! Choose “Buy as a Gift” for recipients to get free admission to Shedd for a year.
Gifts Under $25
On a budget? Explore more than 50 items under $25 to find an inexpensive gift for everyone.
Gifts for Kids
Find gifts for the future marine biologists, veterinarians and mermaids in your life! From "Baby Shark" onesies to plush seahorses, there are so many fun options to choose from.
Fun fact! Our plush toys are sustainable with 100% post-consumer polyester fill and no bead pouches.
An Exclusive Shedd Book
Edward and Annie
Revisit the magic of penguin field trips in our new, colorfully illustrated children’s book! Join rockhoppers Edward and Annie on their adventure around the aquarium as they interact with other incredible aquatic animals along the way.
New! Just in time for the holidays, the Shedd Nostalgia collection takes you back in time with apparel, pins, magnets and more.
Know someone who loves animals as much as we do? Shop apparel for the favorite animal lover in your life. We have merch featuring many of the animals who call Shedd home, from turtles to penguins.
Gifts for Someone Who Has it All
Prefer giving a symbolic gift?
Honor your shared love for the aquatic animal world by dedicating a gift that helps support Shedd Aquarium. Recognize someone special by making a contribution in their name. You can honor someone who has made a difference in your life or celebrate the memory of someone you love.
Give a gift that gives back to the planet! Explore sustainable gifts for the eco-conscious friend in your life. Give them the gift of quality, reusable items that reduce plastic waste.
Gifts for the Office
Treat your coworkers to a Private Virtual Experience to celebrate a job well done. Pick between a Virtual Sea Otter, Sea Lion or Penguin Encounter! Your whole office will be able to enjoy a gift from Shedd!
Our Commitment to Sustainability
Conservation is a
part of our mission, and this extends through our partnerships in the building
and beyond. Our eCommerce partner, Event Network, has made waves in the path to
sustainability from their supply chain and beyond.
- Helped launch the Transitional Cotton Project to help further the growth of certified organic cotton farming. Organic methods have a lower impact on the environment, maintain soil fertility, reduce toxic and persistent pesticides and fertilizers and build biologically diverse agriculture.
- Partnered with Tentree, a brand with a vision to drastically reduce climate change by planting trees.
Packaging and supply chain:
- Adjusted hangtags to be printed on recycled materials
- Eliminated individual polybags and boxing
- Simplified packaging by reducing plastic waste
- Redesigned toy packaging to remove single-use plastic and Styrofoam
Packaging and supply chain adjustments:
- Saved over 54,000 pounds of plastic
- Reduced freight emissions by 50%
Sustainable alternative offerings:
- 250,000,000 straws saved from use
- 23,836,000 bottles saved from oceans and landfills
- 2,040,000 plastic bags saved from use
- Planted 17,390 trees, or the equivalent of 9 acres of land being restored