Shedd is excited to offer another season of our work-study program starting this coming June 2020. This session will run through early-August 2020.
We're looking for bright, outgoing and motivated Chicago area teens for our work-study program on weekends during the school year.
Applicants should possess or want to develop strong communication skills and a connection to Shedd's collection and mission, and have a desire to work in a team environment interacting with the public. This is a professional paid work experience.
Applications will be accepted until February 28
Individuals interested in sharing animal information with guests will work with Shedd's Guest Engagement staff to learn the art of connecting animals with guests while in Shedd's exhibits. They will facilitate theme-based interpretation, play engagements and other educational experiences.
“I love working at Shedd because my summer has a benefit to society. Working here promotes conservation and saving natural resources. I can be a part of so much more than a building with fishes, and I'm so proud!”Teen work-study participant
Applications due: Feb. 28, 2020
- Interviews: April 1 OR 2, 2020
- Wednesday, Jun. 10, 2020 - New employee orientation (evening hours)
- Monday, Jun. 22, 2020 - Team-building field trip (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Tuesday-Wednesday, Jun. 23-24, 2020 - Training (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Friday, Jun. 26, 2020 - Daily shifts begin (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Jul. 22, 2020 - Stewardship field trip (8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.)
- Thursday, Aug. 6th, 2020 - Celebration event (evening hours)
A work permit is required for accepted applicants who are 15 years old.
Saturdays or Sundays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Three days a week, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
If you have an accommodation request related to a disability, impairment, or other need related to your experience please let us know via phone or email: 312-692-3114 or [email protected].